[plug] Web Page Editing

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Thu Apr 21 13:20:00 WST 2005

I don't want to come off like an elitist or anything, but I think half
the process of making a "good" webpage is knowing how to do what you
want in raw HTML.

I can see a place for dreamweaver with static web pages, with no server
side scripting, but trying to edit someones existing dreamweaver code
changing it into a php/asp etc etc page can be downright horrible.

Anyway, back on topic, off the top of my head NVU, Coffee Cup and I
think theres one made by IBM as well.  A quick google, however, seemed
to point to NVU as the better of the pack though.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Woods
Sent: Thursday, 21 April 2005 1:08 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [plug] Web Page Editing

Hey guys,

I need to make a webpage for my portfolio for a unit at uni (UWA:
Computer
Vision 412). I have made many webpages before, but that was before i
became a
linux user. I used dreamweaver and then edited the html manually to make
minor
corrections.

I have started this project already, and have been using Bluefish.
As you may know, Bluefish is not a WYSIWYG editor (its a html editor).
I have got a page with plenty of content... but it looks ugly!

I find it difficult to "spiff" up my webpages with simply bluefish...
what would you guys recommend?

eg) is there a good WYSIWYG editor? i am compiling nvu at home now... we
will
see what its like.

also: if i continue with bluefish (as it IS pretty cool!) have you guys
got any
recommendations for making the page more fancy? Just general ideas....

cheers

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02 at iinet.net.au
Registered Linux User #372573