[plug] Mandriva LE 2005

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sat Apr 23 17:17:07 WST 2005

I have given Mandriva a try.. It looks very polished so far..

I d/l the installation tree [~9GB - I love WN B/B !] and did the
installations from hdd. On my main computer KDE+Gnome took about 10
minutes, on my laptop it took about 40. The .isos have not been made
public yet.

So next time I'm up I can upload the 9GB to uwa's ftp for club use..
Assuming there is space there for it that is.

I can't get to the Monday the 25th of April session [$$ are a worry with
petrol at $1.20/l] but maybe in the next week or so.

Garry