[plug] Transcoding MPG

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Aug 4 12:32:55 WST 2005

Stuffed if I can figure out how to do this.

I have a 40Mb .mpg file (which goes for 4 minutes.) It features a 44KHz
stereo audio stream and comes from a business card CD.

I (think I) want to do a two-pass transcode using ffmpeg, but I cannot
seem to make it work. I want to get it to the point where the .mpg is
transcoded into a 5Kbit/s stream - to make it web-downloadable, but I
cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone either tell me what I should be doing, or point me to a URL
that describes the process?

Cheers,

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..