[plug] XFCE Desktop Background: Was Linux on a USB stick

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 4 20:57:25 WST 2005

G'day Again,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 07:52:36 +0800
Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/2/05, Adam Davin <byteme-its at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > I switched from 'E' which was giving me all sorts of headaches with
> > window placements to XFCE4 a few months back and have found it
> > great. The only thing I miss is different desktop backgrounds for
> > different virtual desktops and being able to drag and place windows
> > in the pager _exactly_ where you want them on the screen. The later
> > I have learned to make do without, the former I would still like to
> > see implemented.
>
> I feel your pain. I miss different virtual desktop backgrounds, which
> I believe XFCE 3 had. I don't mind the pager positioning. I couldn't
> care less, but the wall papers mean a lot when I forget which desktop
> I'm in.

Yes, thats what I miss.. hit a desktop that is has the windows
minimised... now do I scroll up or down from here...

Just upgraded to XFCE 4.2.2 (Debian unstable). An interesting feature,
is on my dual head system here, XFCE allows assigning different
backgrounds to each screen. Unfortunately, its still the same
background on each screen for each virtual desktop.

Regards,

--

Adam Davin
Byteme IT Services