[plug] Computer Angels August Update

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Aug 5 11:51:56 WST 2005

Hello

Just a short update if you haven't visited the www.computerangels.org.au
web site recently.

August Programme
Commencing 16 Aug (afternoons) and 23 Aug (mornings). If you know anyone
who is eligible, please assist them to obtain the information from our
"Computers to the Community" page
(http://www.computerangels.org.au/participate.shtml). This includes a
FAQ, booking form, and poster for you to assist us to spread the word.

Computer Training Poster
We have found these
(http://www.computerangels.org.au/resources/computerangels_poster08.pdf)
to be very effective posted in libraries, local shop noticeboard and
areas frequented by senior citizens. If you visit any particular area
frequently, consider downloading our poster often to freshen the
noticeboard. Note: The important thing to remember when requesting to
place a poster (e.g. library) is that we are a non-profit charitable
organisation.

Software Freedom Day (SFD)
Computer Angels is participating in Software Freedom Day
(www.softwarefreedomday.org). The day is still being finalised, but if
you would like to help, please contact me offlist or follow the SFD link
from our home page.

Westnet Authorised Agent
Computer Angels is now a Westnet Authorised Agent. So if you are
thinking of changing your ISP or know someone that is considering
Westnet, please consider guiding them to our home page to sign up.
Computer Angels receives a small trailing commission, and every little
bit helps.

Computers for Sale
Yes, Computer Angels now sells
(http://www.computerangels.org.au/carpark.shtml) the computers that we
provide to participants that complete our training programme. This is to
satisfy those that are already familiar with using a computer and know
what it is they wish to purchase. All proceeds towards Computer Angels'
projects.

Regards
Jacqueline
http://www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline