[plug] Help needed - hackers/crackers and monolithic kernels

Rod bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Fri Aug 5 12:41:20 WST 2005

well microsoft started down that road with NT (true microkernel), and
real world speed issues caused them to start hacking things straight
into the kernel (monolithic)...

it all well and good to specify all these different layers, with
different validations... but when your talking to the gfx card one pixel
at a time, and require 35 fps minimum to get a usable app ........