[plug] Computer Angels Sale Time

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Aug 5 15:32:05 WST 2005

Hello PLUGers

We have a sale time from 10 til 12 tomorrow (Saturday) for systems
running our suite of software.

However ..

We also have some thin clients labelled as:

VXL Instruments Limited
Bangalore India
Netica
Model TC 3000 Series

http://www.vxl.com.au/

They've been named pizza wizards for their performance and shape and we
figured to offer them at WizardPrice/2 = $50.

Sadly, there were 30 of these available but the IT contractor who was
trying to liberate them from the short walk to a skip had to get them
out by last weekend so he may have missed out on the second run. We've
got six.

Having dismantled them (as you do) we now know they have:

Cyrix MediaGX 200MHz CPU,
32MB SDRAM in one of two SDRAM slots,
16MB DiskonChip running Linux 2.0.something with $some_apps,
NIC Realtek 8139A,
one (or two?) serial ports,
parallel port,
keyboard and mouse PS/2 ports
no USB :-\
one ISA and one PCI horizontal slots behind breakouts,
fanless,
weirdly groovy plastic case around full metal enclosure
one ATA disk interface (no HDD installed)
one floppy interface (no floppy installed)

Contact us off-list if you'll be turning up tomorrow for one->many and
I'll make sure they are out in the front area for you.

We also have a _large_fridge_ that the guy gave us as he moved out of
the next door unit. This was a mistake since it is now blocking our way
and must go. One false move and it's yours (if you can take it away).
Check the Quokka or something and make us an offer.

All the best
Harry