[plug] Computer Angels Sale Time

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Sat Aug 6 08:56:43 WST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 15:32 +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
>

>>Cyrix MediaGX 200MHz CPU,
>>32MB SDRAM in one of two SDRAM slots,
>>16MB DiskonChip running Linux 2.0.something with $some_apps,
>

> Specifically XFree86 3.3 (XF86_SVGA only), Netscape 4, a terminal
> emulator, an ICA client, possibly other remote service clients, and
> that's about it.

Is there any way to configure these boxes?
Can you easily edit config files on the 'DiskonChip'?

What about an automated process to telnet in, mount an NFS fielsystem,
load driver modules (for the ISA & PCI slots), start daemons, etc. ?

I guess 200MHz is a bit slow for streaming video, without adding
hardware mpeg decoding?