[plug] Linux laptops - yeah, they've been done before, but ....

Adam Hewitt adam.h at staff.iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 7 09:52:25 WST 2005

<SNIP>
=>
=> That's true. I don't know what to recommend other than Asus, because in
=> all honesty, I'm more or less expecting all manufacturer to be equally
=> bad. The quality of after sales support is difficult to research and
=> benchmark before you've made a purchase, so there's little incentive to
=> spend money on it.
=>
=> So if there's any advice in here with regards to buying laptops, it's:
=> don't spend a fortune. You might get better performance, but that
=> advantage will be obsolete within months. You might get better overall
=> quality, but it's a game of luck, and you only need one part to fail to
=> be screwed when it comes to laptops. You definitely, definitely should
=> not ever pay anything extra for warranty. Consider every purchase
=> disposable.
=>
=> --
=> Alex Nordstrom
=> http://lx.n3.net/
=> Please do not CC me in followups; I am subscribed to plug.
=>

I don’t know about anyone else, but my experiences with Apple support have been excellent.

Adam.