[plug] NT1 ISDN Modem (and Westnet)

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sun Aug 7 22:03:50 WST 2005

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:09 pm, Greg wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> >On Friday 05 August 2005 10:29, Adrian Woodley wrote:
> >>I'm chasing a telstra NT1 ISDN Modem for testing ISDN <-> SIP
> >>gateways. Anyone know where I get purchase one?
> >
> >There might still be one in the shed at my old-old place in Mount
> >Claremont. I'll drop in and ask soemtime during the coming week. I
> >asked Telstra what to do with it and the answer amounted to "<shrug>
> >leave it there".
> >
> >Cheers; Leon
>
> Adrian I can get you one if you wish . I pull more out than I put in
> these days Im pleased to say
>
> Greg

Hi Adrian

If you are going to test it with dialup to Westnet, make sure you get the
firmware updated as per this email I got from Westnet support this evening (I
could only get 64k for the last few days):

> Hi Steve,
>
> We have recently made some changes that have been causing some problems
> with some of our multilinking customers. These problems have been
> occurring with users that have some of the older firmware for the NT1+2
> unit. To remedy this, a firmware upgrade needs to be performed on the
> NT1. This can be done by a telstra technichian over the phone, the phone
> number to contact them on is  13 22 55.
>
> If you have any further queries, contact our support team on 1300 786
> 068
>
> Kind Regards,
> Andrew

Steve

--
Steve Boak, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022