[plug] Re: [OT] Portable Music Player, Voice Recorder

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:01:15 WST 2005

On 8/9/05, Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/05, Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, so I've finally found a device that basically fits what I need.
> > The 'Nex ia'
> > Any comments or similar devices people know of?
> > And anyone know a good place to get it simi cheap in Aust? Other wise
> > it's ebay but there are aren't any in aust atm.
>
> I contacted the company. Unfortunately it doesn't play ogg yet :(
>
> So I'm still searching. The basic requirements is a Compact Flash
> based Ogg player.

I guess I should add the obvious. It needs to work with Linux easily.
So a device that uses standard usb removable storage device. Or in
other words, it acts like a thumbdrive. This was one thing that made
the Nex ia really stand out. The company said to come back in Sept to
see a new device that should support ogg.

Tim