[plug] .. and another job

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 9 15:03:27 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 14:40 +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
>  From the start of the description, you can make a pretty safe guess
> that both jobs are with iiNet.
>
> It doesn't say that you need to have Debian experience, but that you'll
> be working with Debian systems.  Having a decent amount of experience
> with Linux systems generally is probably really what they are after, and
> if you've got experience with Debian then that is a bonus.

I'd sorta guessed that might be the case - my problem is I've got 20
years + in sysadmin, but all on mainframes. All my Linux is strictly
hobbyist - try telling an interviewer that you learnt something for your
own amusement, instead of for a clear business goal ....

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart