[plug] Re: vim wars- ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Wed Aug 10 16:26:25 WST 2005

Greetings to all vim war warriors,

Details: We have booked a two hour evening lockout (ie, only pluggers
and friends in the arena) for this Thursday evening 7pm till 9pm (suit
up from 6.45pm) with use of the party rooms after for beer (byo) and
pizza (or whatever your favourite poison is).  The cost for the event
(without food/drink) is $25 each.  If we get more than 20 turn up, the
price goes down.  If we get less...  No, I don't want to think about
that.

The Venue: www.darkzone-wa.com.au

Zone 3 Northbridge
248 Newcastle Street Northbridge
(08) 9227 1511

The rules: If you play, and are on the winning team, you can claim your
favourite editor is the best without having to justify your claim. If
you loose, you have to acknowledge the superiority of the winning team's
editor whenever you recommend your own choice for the next 12 months.

The teams so far:
Team1: Vim Rules
1. Tim Bowden
2. Michael Collard
3. Chris Caston
4. Matt Lambie
5. Tim White
6. Mark O'Shea
7. Leon Brooks
8. Bernard Blackham?  - Do you want this Bernard?
9. Gregory Orange
10. Senectus

Team2: emacs
1. Cameron Patrick
2. Russell Steicke
3. Russell Steicke (proxy)
4. Muskie Teh Otterboi

Team3: nano rocks
1. Daniel Pearson
2. Kev Downs
3. Adam Davin
4. Phillip Kilby
5. Shayne O'Neill
6. Andrew Fury
7. Craig Foster

If you want to join in, it is not too late.  Reply to this mail adding
your name to the list of choice.  We may have to shuffle teams around a
bit on the night to make it more even so please don't get too set on a
particular team, after all, the fun of the meat space frag-fest is the
main thing.

I am sending an email to all off list with payment details.  I will
prefer direct deposit (if you are able to do it in the short time left)
but if you want to make other arrangements, please email me off list.

Tim Bowden