[plug] CUPS pipe:/ Options?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 11 11:41:49 WST 2005

Ryan <ryan at is.as.geeky.as> writes:

>On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 11:09 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
>> ># $ARGV[0] - print job number
>> ># $ARGV[1] - username
>> ># $ARGV[2] - print job name
>> ># $ARGV[3] - page count i think
>> ># $ARGV[4] - i forget now - it is always blank though
>> ># $ARGV[5] - temporary print job location

>> Where are the options?

>> I need to pass it options; those options being URLs. (mailto:*
>> http:* https:* ftp:* ...)

I found the pipe backend that ships with SuSE and hacked it a little
to place the "print options" as arguments on the command line of the
program that it calls. (Making a note of the potential security
issues!)

That was easy... after hours of looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.