[plug] Library

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:18:36 WST 2005

> Bernd Felsche wrote:
>
> >>I have the DVD-ROM version of Suse 9.3, if you or the library would like
> >>a copy. It's 4.4GB
> >
> > The Professional version comprises TWO dual-layer DVDs that take up
> > about 13GB of hard disk space.
>
> Its all labelled "Professional". I see iinet has the DVD iso for
> download too. I don't know whats extra there that's not in the CD set,
> but its more than a GB bigger.
>    Is the 13GB the commercial version, with single-PC licensed
> components?

The 13GB version is the version you get when you get the boxed set.
It includes more software than the CDs (some commercial and some Open
Source but just doesn't fit on 5 cds) I have on the odd occassion had
to download stuff from the mirrors because its only on the DVD
version. The 13GB version also has x86_64 binaries (ie 2
architectures.)