[plug] gentoo progress

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Aug 14 17:39:06 WST 2005

Success!

This is sent from my gentoo system using Mozilla to access my webmail.
I had to stop the network connection so I could emerge mozilla from
the DVD.  emerge kept connecting to various sites and then coming
back with '404 not found' errors.  Took all afternoon to build, but I
got there.

It's nice to have a spare hard disk.  Replace the normal drive and
it's like you have a spare computer to play with, without stuffing up
the system normally worked on.

Sorry this is not in the previous thread, but I usually use Firefox
on different hardware...

Jim