[plug] UWA SNAP + pptp + MPPE

Benjamin Woods woodsb02 at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 16 16:12:39 WST 2005

Hey guys,

I have my new laptop now... its nice!

On with the question: As some of you may know, UWA has "SNAP" so you can
connect to the network and the internet on your laptop. I have set it up
  in windows already. You basically just connect to one of their
wireless access points (or a cable if you can find one) and then once
that is set up you need to connect via a VPN and log in.

Now i need to get it working in linux. They have instructions on their
website, but they are weak as!

I am running slackware current with a custom 2.6.12.4 kernel.
I think the process i need to take is something like this, but i could
be VERY wrong!

1) patch kernel for MMPE ???
2) patch kernel for PPTP ??
3) install pptp-linux ??

does this sound remotely correct?

I also read somewhere that MMPE was in a testing version of 2.6.12
kernel... so did it make it into the proper version?

i got no probs compiling stuff, and i imagine i am gonna be!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

----
Benjamin Woods