[plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:21:13 WST 2005

> > Has anyone seen this article on slashdot?
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/05/08/15/2149225.shtml?tid=163&tid=155

Heh, I'll get in early this time...

Yes, the letter and trademark application are legitimate.
No, the linked article (and the facts) are not near as sensationalist
as the /. summary.

Jeremy's (belated) FAQ on the matter:
http://www.ilaw.com.au/linuxfaq.html

A couple of blogs from related folks:
http://research.operationaldynamics.com/blogs/andrew/boards/linux-aus/linux-trademark-in-aus.html
http://jon.oxer.com.au/blog/id/70

And I should know, I'm the one who "physically" sent out the emails :)

HTH
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.