[plug] error in find command

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Aug 17 11:32:38 WST 2005

Jon Miller wrote:

>Trying to fix a command that deletes all files with the word executable in it using the following command
>find ./ -name "executable" -exec rm {};/
>But I keep getting a error message stating that there is an missing argument to -exec any idea?

In addition to the suggestions made, I'd use a -print0 like this: (And
the print0 and -0 are ZERO, not "oh")

    find ./ -name "executable" -print0 | xargs -0 rm --

That is to stop all manner of spaces causing you grief.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..