[plug] OSS web based chat room server

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:42:20 WST 2005

On 8/17/05, Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've seen a "more" realtime version using AJAX recently Google for AJAX
> > and graffiti wall should bring up what I'm talking about.
> >
> > It was pretty snazzy. It wrote a file to /tmp and had a similar result
> > to what Tim's done but didn't have the refreshing problem.
>
> Yes. I know it has refresh problems, I'm still looking for a cross
> browser way to fix that.
> Look at the dev version, it's a bit better (does away with the iframes)
> http://members.plug.org.au/~linuxalien/public/talk/dev/
>
> I'll look into AJAX...

Sorry, I didn't realise this didn't goto plug. Now you can all try my
dev version!

I actually use AJAX in a modem control application on the local lan. I
just have to program something that's cross browser. Anyone want to
the challenge, or shale I go off and read about making it work in IE?
I'll get there in the end. Over a LAN though the refresh isn't really
noticable.

Tim