[plug] Linux and DVD Audio/AC3

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:48:00 WST 2005

>Bad news.
>I wrongly assumed that DVD-audio used CSS.
>It actually uses a thing called CPPM, and cannot be played on Linux.
>
>There are now windoze players. See "DVD-Audio's CPPM Circumvented":
>http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/06/1740206
>
>I was playing with the AC3 audio from HD-TV, which mercifully is not
>encrypted. yet.

Poo, eh? :( As regards to the audio, I remember back in my wndoze divxing
days, that a video editor I used had the option to save the audio stream
somewhere. So it's worth looking around some of your Linux video editors,
from there you could extract an audio stream from an .avi you make.

This could be better though, as you just wanna extract the audio. It's worth
looking around the MPlayer manpages for info on this one. If you're
successful and know any bash, it'd be worth making a script and posting it
on the net. :)