[plug] Online music services and Linux?

Rod bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Tue Aug 23 12:07:00 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 03:45 +0000, simon wrote:
> Rod (bwarff at obsidian.com.au) wrote:
>
> > maybe its just the correction back to reality (file sharing making
> > recordings worthless, the pressure goes back onto your day to day
> > performances, infront of real people with real money)
>
> Insightful! Notice the recent increase in touring bands? ;)

I dunno about insightful, but i think its kinda obvious
(i am an ex muso) .. the crux being that the current 'average' artists
makes next to nothing from the current setup anyway... only a handful of
established stars actually make significant money, and they can be
ignored as a stastical anomoly ;)

its the record companies doing the crying over filesharing by and large,
any artist who cant be bothered playing for their money is no artist by
my count.