[plug] Online music services and Linux?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:42:54 WST 2005

On 8/23/05, Alex Nordstrom <lx at se.linux.org> wrote:
> Please, either fix your e-mail client so that it doesn't ignore my
> Reply-To line, or if you can't, at least manually heed my signature.
> They're both there for a reason.

Not sure what's happening here. It doesn't appear that you have set a
reply-to (cause IIRC plug appends it's address to the reply-to) so I'm
not sure why someone CC'ed it to you.
There is a subscription option that lets you avoid duplicates (it
attempts to, doesn't always work) so you might like to set this.

I'm not sure why anyone would be CCing a list reply, this would only
be necessary when someone has temporarily disabled there delivery and
still sends an email to the list. In that case though, they can just
monitor there thread via the archive.

Just to reiterate to people. You CAN'T post to the list without being
subscribed, so please don't CC people unless they ask you to.[1]

Tim

[1] If they set a reply-to, I don't want to hear about it ;)