[plug] [OT] Soft Eng .vs. Comp Sci

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:07:59 WST 2005

On 8/25/05, Andrew Howell <andrew at it.net.au> wrote:
> Yeah we usually look for applicants that have people skills and can read
> and write ;)
>
> Andrew

Plus they say that everybody these days (this generation) is expected
to change career's/jobs at least 3-4 times in their life.

So the concept of studying for 4-6 years in one subject and spending
the rest of your life in that job is very out of date...

I've already made one major career change (Was a Baker by Trade.. I
guess I still am but I've no intention of going back down that path),
and I reckon I'm looking at changing again after 6-7 years of I.T.
Support.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From