[plug] [OT] HP notebook Pavilion 3350 IDE drive size

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Aug 27 13:25:58 WST 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 11:57, Adam Davin wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:45:45 +0800
> Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:

> > > No I doubt it as it is brand new.
> >
> I have found that most of the new 3.5" drives I get are jumpered to
> "Cable select". Whilst I don't know if this makes a difference in your
> case, it might be worth checking.
>
> Regards,

The drive is set to master. Is does have the options for slave and cable
select. Btw is is a Hitachi Travelstar but I can't work out exactly what
model number.

I found the following after digging inside the .exe file on the HP site
and creating the BIOS update disk:

P Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS Revision History

Version   Release Date   Comment
-------   ------------   -------
1.21      09/22/2000     See Version 1.21 below
1.04      03/20/2000     See Version 1.04 below
1.03      03/15/2000     See Version 1.03 below
1.02      03/02/2000     See Version 1.02 below
1.01      01/18/2000     See Version 1.01 below
1.00      12/17/1999     See Version 1.00 below

The latest BIOS version is available from the World Wide Web at
http://www.hp.com/notebooks under Support.

NOTE:   You can determine the current BIOS version of your by rebooting
your
HP Pavilion Notebook. If you press ESC during reboot, the BIOS version
is
shown in the first boot screen. For example, BIOS version 1.00 appears
as
"DI.M1.00."

---Version  1.21 ---

This was the sixth release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS. This
release
has the following updates:

1. Update Search of Possible IO Cardbuses
2. Update Gemini support for W2K

--- Version 1.04 ---

This was the fifth release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS. This
release
has the following updates:

NOTE: Update to this BIOS recommended

1. Supports additional Panasonic displays

--- Version 1.03 ---

This was the fourth release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS. This
release
has the following updates:

1. Fixed HW/SW WatchDog support
2. Fixed 50min Timeout Suspend
3. Fixed Resume Timer
4. Supports Panasonic 12" HPA display

--- Version 1.02 ---

This was the third release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS. This
release
has the following updates:

1. Fixed a potential thermal issue.
2. Fixed System Auto Wakeup by watch dog timer
3. Fixed System Lockup in some machines
4. Fixed reported AC/Battery Status
5. Fixed PC Speaker beep
6. Supports software watch dog for automatic shutdown of system whenever
   unit cannot handle SCI/SMI event
7. Fixed audio Volumne Up/Down and Mute
8. Fixed FDD double DMA which caused FDD Read/Write errors
9. Fixed EU keyboard support
10. Improved battery learning

--- Version 1.01 ---

This was the second release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS. This
release
has the following updates:

1. Fixed Audio Resource with manually configuration
2. Changed default to support both LCD and CRT displays.
3. Fixed related HCT 9.5 failures
4. Fixed Timeout S2D is depend on SCU setting
5. Fixed condition when external Mouse/Keyboard is attached and preboot
is slow
   if keyboard is disabled

--- Version 1.00 ---

This was the initial release of the Pavilion Notebook DI BIOS.

--- End of Document ---