[plug] wireless card problem

simon simon at plumtek.com
Sun Aug 28 09:46:19 WST 2005

Caleb Duggan (caleb.duggan at gmail.com) wrote:

> does anyone know howto get the netgear WG511T wireless card to connect to
> a WGT624 wireless router with 128bit WEP encryption?

Does the card work without WEP?

I had problems getting my card working at all (a netgear WG511) and, with
mandriva at least, it was attempting to load the linux driver (prism) for it
but the card doesnt work with that driver (I cant remember the exact reasons,
but it simply wont work with that driver)........ I ended up having to use the
windows XP driver with ndiswrapper..... google around and youll find the
answer.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com