[plug] Varity bash in freo today...

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Sun Aug 28 23:32:04 WST 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 11:15:40PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> I happen to be in Freo this arvo when the Variety Club guys went
> through making noises and stuff.. I noticed that one of the cars was
> running the theme "Corporate Penguins"... It looked quite Linuxey.
> Anyone we know?

They were raising money outside SGIO in West Perth a few weeks ago,
and had Tux in a couple of places on the car.  I mentioned that they
might need permission to use that and was told that they were looking
for a different logo but had grabbed that one as a short term measure.
The person I talked to had no idea where Tux came from, that "Tux" was
his name, or what he was about.

Anyway, it appears they only need to credit Larry Ewing and the GIMP.

  http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: