[plug] [OT] Fujitsu Hard drive reliability

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Aug 30 14:42:06 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:35, Adam Davin wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> A few years back Fujitsu drives went through a major hiccup with drives
> failing all over the place. I seem to recall something about a faulty
> component somewhere in the drive. I have steered clear of them since.
>
> I need to upgrade my laptop drive. Does anyone have any experience with
> recent fujitsu drives and reliability?
>
> Thanks and Regards,

They seem common enough in notebook drives but almost unheard of in
desktops.I've only seen a couple in recent years.
I've got a 4gb 2.5" Fujitsu here that is still solid but i've ended up
buying Hitachi Travel stars and Seagates myself. No particular reasons
just based on which supplier I can grab as much as I need from in the
one trip.

regards,

Chris