[plug] XMMS

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 30 18:31:36 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 17:27 +0800, Timothy White wrote:
> On 8/30/05, Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 16:29 +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> > > Currently I'm using Rhythmbox 0.8.3 in Gnome and it sounds like crap.
> > > When I tried using XMMS it scrolls through all the mp3 without playing
> > > any, has anyone seen this before and have a fix.  All I want is a good
> > > MP3 player that works on SuSE that has good can playback cleanly.
> >
> > Is it possible that XMMS is using a dummy MP3 plug-in ? Check the
> > input/decoder list and see if you have something like 'mp3_dummy'
> > instead of 'mp3'.
>
> Or suse doesn't have an MP3 plugin for XMMS at all. So it just skips
> all the mp3's cause it can't play them

I'm running SUSE and I just tried to play some .mp3 files through xmms
and - no luck - doesn't even add them to the playlist.

Maybe it's been patched like their version of xine. SUSE version of xine
will NOT play DVDs, even with libdvdcss.

Bummer ....
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart