[plug] Compaq Proliant 3000 Server

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Tue Aug 30 21:17:42 WST 2005

Hi,

Been using one of these for a while now (As well as the 1650, and 1850).  You need the Compaq System Start Disc, which comes on a CD.  I've been using the one CD on a whole bunch of Proliants without problems, so I don't think there's any reason you can't use any disc, if you can find one.

The System Start Disc launches the BIOS/Raid config/Rompaq update and general system information.

Have a hunt around for it, and check the Compaq site maybe?  If not, email me back privately, and I'll be more than happy to send you a copy.  I hope this is legal?  I wouldnt have thought there'd be a legal issue with reproduce a bios/system CD.

Regards

Shannon Carver

	-----Original Message-----
	From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au on behalf of Timothy White
	Sent: Tue 30/08/2005 3:11 PM
	To: plug at plug.org.au
	Subject: [plug] Compaq Proliant 3000 Server

	Does anyone have any experience with this machine? We have 1 of them
	with ~64Gb in a scsi RAID at CA.
	It doesn't want to boot off a linux boot floopy or CD, and I can't
	seem to find away into a BIOS utility that lets me set boot order.
	At one stage it allows me to press F10 and I then get a non system
	disk... error message. Pressing F1 to continue leads me to a blank
	screen with nothing new showing on the LCD or screen.

	Thanks

	Tim
	PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au