[plug] Samba as a PDC

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Dec 6 12:09:36 WST 2005

Chris Watt (something.rotten at gmail.com) wrote:

> Still having trouble.
>
> Have reformatted XP Machine 3 times to try and get it to connect but
> no luck.  Was waiting on a new method but no one got back to me.  If I
> could get hold of a copy of that manual that'd be fantastic.

One thing I recall that tripped me up is that Id forgotten to create the link
between root and administrator in smbusers eg root = administrator. Try
logging in as root when joining the machine to the domain, or add this.

What exact error are you actually getting when you try to join the domain?
Maybe itll jog my memory a bit :)

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org