[plug] Samba as a PDC

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:30:19 WST 2005

Well, would you look at that! I spoke to soon. Thanks to the beauty of
locate, I managed to find what I believe is a later version of the
document I worked off.
It's called Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf and a search on the net shows
up http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf which
has the same name, but is 2 Mb bigger so may be totally different.
The first page of my document says "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and
Reference Guide" and is by Jelmer, John and Gerald. Supposedly it's
1st Jan 2005, which sounds odd to me, cause I'm sure I had my current
domain running way before that! I'd be willing to say that date is
wrong, and seeing as the Modified date on the document is 2nd of Jan
this year, I high doubt I downloaded it the day after it was created.
But who knows, as I said, it could be a newer version, but is
definitely like the one I used. I basically worked through Chapter 4,
and jumped around a bit for the other stuff, once I had it all
working.

Give me a buzz if you need a hand. (Or the copy of the document I
have. due to it's ~3.5 Mb size, I do not wish to upload it via dialup
unless i have to, if you need it, I'll work around the the dsl
connection.)

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956