[plug] apologies, real n00b question.

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 8 21:31:58 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 20:43 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> to get the environment
>
> su - root (or just su -)

For the installation an:
su
To do the db2fs (which didn't work
su - db2inst1

All from a Konsole under KDE under my normal user.

It seems to be working fine now, thanks to the help I received from
everyone.

I will take a closer look at the other suggestions I got, but I'm a
happy camper ATM - thanks again.

> su - username
> su - -c command (to run a command as root with roots environment
> etc.

Vegetables are not food; vegetables are what food eats. Fruit are
vegetables that fool you by tasting good. Fish are fast-moving
vegetables. Mushrooms are what grows on vegetables when food’s done with
them.
  -- Meat Eater’s Credo

Linux Counter user #306629