[plug] calling a script within a script

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Dec 9 15:38:23 WST 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 08:02:08AM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> Yes, it is set as executable.  One question I need to know is does
> the function file need to have a she-bang at the beginning?

And I should have mentioned: the sourced file does not need execute
permission, and does not need a shebang line.   It gets read exactly
as if it had been typed in at the place it was sourced, except that
you can pass it parameters if you need to.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
QOTD:
	The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean
	the snakes have gone away.