[plug] nothing but a brown screen and mouse cursor after GDM login?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 20:58:25 WST 2005

On 12/11/05, James L. Clarke <jamesc at global.net.au> wrote:
> Quoting "Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com>:
>
> > after login (GDM) I get nothing but a brown screen (and a mouse cursor
> > I can move about)...
> > I've tried all manner of things to fix it but get nowhere.. any idea's?
I assure you it's not that simple :-)
I've found a way around it, though it's a bit of a pain (possibly less
of a pain than re-building though).
I've created anew user and am slowly moving my gear across to that user.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
  I will write on a huge cement block "By accepting this brick through