[plug] Slackware Mail Server

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Mon Dec 12 15:18:51 WST 2005

?
It's the woodsb02 at iinet.net.au through fetchmail that needs/needed fixing.

________________________________

From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au on behalf of Shannon Carver
Sent: Mon 12-Dec-05 3:08 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] Slackware Mail Server

Correct me if I?m wrong here, but if someone was to send an email to bwoods at kite.homeip.net, their mail server would lookup the MX of the homeip.net domain and send it there, which would then be returned, as I doubt theres a bwoods account on homeip.net.

To receive mail you need a working domain with an MX record pointing to your mail server.

Once again, if I?m wrong here, please correct me!

Shannon