[plug] hmmm Linus being opinionated again :-P

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 14 09:55:48 WST 2005

I started with FVWM, then KDE and currently gnome with KDE for some
purposes.  I find gnome quite good if you spend time configuring it - I
find it a bit odd though to have to configure gnome 2 to the
look/feel/operation of gnome 1.4 before its useful!

KDE is too "lolly" for me, and while it might be possible to configure
it to suit my zen better, I am more familiar doing gnome - thats not to
say its perfect for me after I have spent a few hours on it.  I also use
a few kde apps like kfloppy, k3b etc which are just better apps - gnome
and kde will generally use each others applications.

Why couldnt they do this out of the box, and make it easy for the user
to do so instead of manually editing config files.

BillK

.