[plug] browser stats anyone?

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 16 09:19:06 WST 2005

At 08:01 PM 15/12/2005, Bret Busby wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Arie Hol wrote:
>

>>On 15 Dec 2005 at 15:26, Denis Brown wrote:

Many thanks for all the useful replies on this thread.   In answer to
Bret's assumption that the manager provided a source, well... no.   I have
since seen references to his 95% figure but it is now well out of date
according to various sources.

As respondents including Bret have said, the figures are distorted by such
things as browser emulation and caching as well as country trends.   Japan
apparently has the highest declared usage of IE while Germans seem to
prefer other products, notably FireFox.   I'm looking just now at
thecounter.com which shows IE6 at 84% in November this year, FF at 8%

Thanks for all the good feedback!
Denis