[plug] browser stats anyone?

simon simon at chrome64.org
Fri Dec 16 09:51:26 WST 2005

Denis Brown (dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au) wrote:

> As respondents including Bret have said, the figures are distorted by such
> things as browser emulation and caching as well as country trends.   Japan
> apparently has the highest declared usage of IE while Germans seem to
> prefer other products, notably FireFox.   I'm looking just now at
> thecounter.com which shows IE6 at 84% in November this year, FF at 8%

Also remember it depends on the source.

Collecting browser stats from a linux website will undoubtedly give you
different results from collecting stats from microsoft.com.

Google would be a great yardstick since everyone uses it, but alas they
stopped producing those statistics.

And remember there are *four* types of liars: liars, damn liars, statisticians
and Excel spreadsheet users.

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org