[plug] iptables and iFolder

Rennie rennie.barnett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:53:33 WST 2005

On 16/12/05, Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Ryan King wrote:
>
> > You could try masquerading the connection, I think that should work.
> > (ie: setup a specific rule for masquerading connections from the
> > internal subnet which try to connect to the external ip).
>
> Alternatively use a simple TCP proxy.  e.g. in inetd.conf something
> like:
>
> 12345 stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/bin/nc internalhost.local 12345
>
> Cameron

It doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas as to how I can get a handle
on the point of failure?

I've put the firewall settings back to normal and let the gatekeeper
machine accept packets on port 8086 (both nics) rather than forward
them, but still no go.

I'll look into this masquerading when I get a chance.

Thanks,