[plug] Sound hardware

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Dec 21 08:57:08 WST 2005

Senectus . wrote:

>On 12/21/05, Jonathan Young <jonathan at pcphix.com> wrote:
>

>> That setting should normally be set to ON if you are using an add-in video
>>card - especially PCI.  What did you have to set it to?  What type of video
>>card do you have installed?
>>

>Video is an onboard that I don't use and an AGP nVidia 6600GT that I do use :-)
>It was ON by default but turning it OFF seems to be the stuff.

Strange.  That being the case, I would have expected clearing the ESCD
data / Plug&Play information to have been enough.

Which would have been carried out, if not when you moved the card
around, then definitely when you reset the BIOS...

Oh well.  Good you got it fixed and definitely one to remember next time
I encounter those kind of problems...

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX