[plug] global-font-lock-mode not activating colourisation when executed from .emacs

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 1 17:49:35 WST 2005

David Buddrige wrote:

> However, being a lazy sort, I really would prefer it if emacs would
> activate this feature for me, rather than my having to type it every time I
> load my perl source code, so I edited my .emacs file, and added the line:
>
> (setq global-font-lock-mode t)

That's not the why my .emacs has it; I have a snippet that looks like:

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(c-basic-offset 8)
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
 '(user-mail-address "cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au"))

I believe that I enabled it using M-x customize and drilling down
through the utterly counterintuitive menu system.

Cameron.