[plug] [OT] Maitec Linx UPS Serial Interface

Rider Hunt - Sunshine Coast "rrid3407 at bigpond" at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 5 10:34:05 WST 2005

Hello

We have an old Maitec Linx 1400 VA UPS (but still operational) which has a serial peripheral interface port which we have not used for some years. We believe your company has done work on it in the past.

We are now setting up a new system and it is my desire to interface the UPS with the server to enable an orderly shutdown in the event of a power failure.

The new server will be running Windows SBS 2003.

The question is - do you know of some software that will utilize this serial interface to enable an orderly shutdown?

I have heard of 'Power Chute' but suspect that it won't work with the UPS.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thankyou in anticipation.

Regards
Greg Bengtson

Rider Hunt Queensland Pty Ltd
63 The Esplanade
Maroochydore   QLD   4558
Phone: (07) 5443 3622
Fax:     (07) 5443 6233

This e-mail is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please notify us immediately and destroy any electronic or paper copies of this message. Rider Hunt Queensland Pty Ltd does not warrant or guarantee that this e-mail is free of errors or viruses.