[plug] PC relay control

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 5 12:59:30 WST 2005

Seeing the thread on UPS's, reminded me of a project I want to complete:
is there a reasonable priced relay board that can be controlled via a
linux PC.  Main use is to control fans in 2 PC's (cooling vs noise !!)
as well as use them in some other applications so need multiple outputs
(minimum 5).  Dick Smith has some projects that are built on interfacing
to the parallel port, but a pci card seems better.  I last looked at
this some time back (year or two) and they were too costly.

Ideas?

BillK

Home!