[plug] MySQL 4.1

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Sun Feb 6 16:25:58 WST 2005

I've recently installed the MySQL server and have installed version 4.1
as I was going for the latest version.
The problem now is that some clients (mysql-navigator and other clients)
don't communicate with the server.
The error message is along the lines of "Client does not support
authentication protocol requested by server, consider upgrading MySQL
client."

As far as I knew all clients should be using libmysql-client. As they
don't appear to be how can I get them to work without downgrading the
server.

Thanks

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net