[plug] Re: Argh, plug at plug.org.au

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Feb 6 17:35:46 WST 2005

James Devenish wrote:

> (including still not being able to log in to the new server -- long
> story)

Happy now?

>  - Find a way to overcome the following problem: under the old regime,
>    mailing lists were under mail.plug.linux.org.au.

Oops, I wasn't aware of this. :(  I'll put the mailing list archives
back to the mail.plug.linux.org.au domain.  Do you know how long
they've been missing from mail.plug?

>  - Update website design's copyright notice for 2005.

Done.

>    I still want to put the Mailman archives back online because they
>    offer 'by date', 'by author' and 'by thread' listings.

Far enough.  The Mailman archives were never taken off-line (except
perhaps inadvertently) to ensure that they remained googleable.

>    After letting the Mailman archives stablise, I wanted to update
>    the website to provide links to Mailman's flat listings.

It does (as of about 5 minutes before you posted this message),
although not very prominently.

>    Personally, I make use of the Date listing to check up on gaps or
>    pauses in delivery of list messages (and to read the list if my
>    e-mail is down).

Lurker has a date mode too, which functions in a similar manner to
Mailman's.  You can reach it by selecting a date up the top and
hitting "jump".

Cameron.