[plug] Recommended Distro for lo spec computer? [UNCLASSY] [UNCLASSIFIED]

Clark Julian Julian.Clark at cdpp.gov.au
Tue Feb 8 16:27:41 WST 2005

> Debian, Debian and Debian. In addition, to get it to run on a
> low spec machine you need to ensure
> the SDRAM is interlocked with the DDR and CPU in a PAT
> configuration. You will also get a serious
> performance boost by reconfiguring the poofle valve in the
> BIOS via ACPI and APIC. Make sure the
> EISA bus bridges between the ISA, PCI and VLB and you will be
> set for full compatibility. Anything
> else is just a boondoggle.
>

> B1 (Bzzzzzzz, plop.....whir....)

I know of poofle valves and bridges, but what is this boondoggle of
which you speak?
Give me one, I must have one; and then the universe will be MINE!!!!!

The information contained in this message and in any attachments is privileged and confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. You should not read, copy, use or disclose this information without authorisation. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please e-mail the sender immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorised dissemination, disclosure, copying or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may result in legal action.