[plug] A newbie question - navigation

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Wed Feb 9 15:23:03 WST 2005

Hi Mike,

A late reply, but better than not at all. :)  There is simply tonnes of
info about Suse 9.1 available. There are heaps of documentation on the
system that you've installed for a start. If you ever get stuck with an
application just try the Help tab for starters. If you want to check out
what is available just look under /usr/share/doc and you'll find a
staggering amount. Then there's the official site
http://www.novell.com/linux/suse/ which has online documentation and
pointers to email lists and user groups.

So far as this list is concerned there are at least a couple of suse
users. But if you want to get an answer out them then there are a couple
of tips to follow.

1. Check the available documentation yourself first.
2. Google for it - www.google.com/linux
3. If you can't find the answer yourself, then ask the list, but try to
be specific if you can and provide some information about the parameters
of your problem. This helps us to answer your question. :)

The question you've asked below is quite open ended. What exactly do you
want to learn (networking, desktop software, filesharing, etc)? Linux is
a whole universe unto itself, and after using it for 4 years I still
only know about a slice of Linux. If you know what you are after, you'll
be able to find the answers quicker.

HTH; sol