[plug] [OT] Perl Sub Modify Global Variable

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 9 15:47:17 WST 2005

Timothy White wrote:

> Ok. Still no luck.
> It appears that because I am forking I can't share between forks. This
> is a real bummer.

That's what threads are for :)  Linux's threading in 2.4 is broken
(well, doesn't quite behave as documented) in odd ways but if you don't
stress it too hard it should be happy.

Either that or keep one process with the "master" copy of the database
and the others communicate through pipes or unix sockets to query it
or alter it.  Go a bit further and you're half way to reimplementing
mysql :P

Cameron