[plug] Wireless Linux + A good linux book!

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Wed Feb 16 21:47:11 WST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, quoth Cameron Patrick:

> > I was thinking of getting the Linksys WRT54GS from shop.linuxit.com.au
> > to do this for me, but it's $264.99... is this a normal price?
>
> That sounds a bit steep.  I'm pretty sure I've seen them for around
> half that price, and straight 802.11b APs from $80ish.

Just to be clear.. that price is for the WRT54GS pre-installed with
OpenWRT.. basically you're paying for our time to install and configure
that.

It's aimed at the person that wants to play with OpenWRT but is
afraid to reflash it themselves and possibly end up with a brick.

They retail for around $160 so you're welcome to get one at that price if
you want to save yourself $100 and want to reflash it yourself, or are
happy with the stock Linksys firmware.

Kind Regards

 - Matt Kemner
   Linux IT